Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wednesday Night:


Wednesday night was one I'd been both looking forward to and dreading for a while. @SheriffNorthman and I went over to @FaeKayley's house to meet @Baby_Abel. @RomanLucious seemed nervous, but overall it went pretty well, I think. Kayley's house was absolutely gorgeous. There was a ton of water, which made a little more sense later, when she said she was descended from water fairies. I don't really know what that means, honestly, but I think I'll add that to my list of things to ask @ClaudeCrane next time I see him.


Abel was adorable, not that that came as any sort of surprise. He was perfect in every way. I got to hold him, which was wonderful. I've always been so fond of babies.


We got to give him some of the presents Eric and I had picked out for him, which was fun. Kayley seemed to like them, even though I was a little worried about a few of them. I'd pictured pastel animals as an appropriate gift, but Eric clearly had something else in mind.


I was a little worried about how things would go with them. I didn't know what kind of situation the baby was in, or what to expect, but it was as good a home for a child as any I could imagine. His parents new parents obviously love him. He'll be protected and cared for there, and that's what a child needs.

Kayley and I also got to talk a little when Roman and Eric went off to talk on their own. Eric was telling Roman about my heritage, so I told Kayley. She's part fairy too, so I thought she'd be good to talk to. She's more fairy than I am, but still. It turned out that she had some concerns about Roman still, and their situation, which actually made me feel a little better. That she knew that it was something to be cautious about meant she'd protect Abel that much more, and cared about his wellbeing enough to be overprotective. A true mom.

When Eric and I left, I felt a lot better. From there, we went to Walmart to pick up some of the things his house would need in order for me and Hundr to stay with him. Eric really disliked it. He spent the whole time commenting on the people around us or staring at me from behind. I don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon.


Overall, I think it was a pretty successful trip. I'm staying with Eric, now, which is exciting, and even though it'll mean a lot of time off work, it's a nice change to be focusing on each other and our relationship instead of getting caught up in everything around us. He's a different vampire when it's just him and me, and I really do love that vampire.