Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our Vows


Mine
Eric, the night I met you, my whole world changed. I knew it even then, but I never could've imagined how amazing it could be. You're so unlike everything I had ever known, and even though that scared me, I can't deny that I was always drawn to you. Even though I was hesitant at first, you earned my trust and my heart with every kind, caring thing you've done for me. You've protected me, you've supported me, you've trusted me, you've listened to me, and you've believed in me. You've been there for me when no one else has,even at your own expense, even when it cost you so much, you never hesitated. I made you prove yourself to me. You've shown that I can trust you every time, and you even learned to trust me. You've respected and cherished me when I've needed you the most. I know how incredibly lucky I am to have you in my life. You've celebrated with me, mourned with me, worried with me, and loved with me. You've become my everything. You're my friend, lover, confidant, protector, home, and family, and I promise to be yours for the rest of my life.


Eric's
I have desired you always, from the first night my eyes fell upon you and onward. You were unlike anything I expected to find. And you are unlike anything I have ever known. You have a strength even the strongest can admire. You let no fear best you. You are my greatest lover. Fucking you has never been boring or routine. You rise to the challenge every time I do. You are loyal, even when loyalty is not deserved. You are undeterred by the judgmental and always carry yourself with honor. You have reminded me of compassion by showing it to me. You have taught me to have faith in others by having faith in me. You have forgiven me when I have not deserved forgiveness. You have seen my moments of weakness and comforted me through them. You have given me yourself freely, while expecting nothing in return. You have loved me, despite having every reason not to. In a thousand years time, I have known none like you. No one has consumed my thoughts and vision so completely. You are something rare and special, something and someone of an impossible importance to me. You are my shelter and my hope. All that I have is yours. There is nothing I have I would not give you. Nothing I have is worth possessing without you. I will provide for you, so you do not want. I will protect you, so you fear nothing. I will trust you, when I trust nothing. I will support you, when the world falls away. And I will love you, every night of my eternity, as much as I do right now.


Our vows were sealed with blood, which we both drank, and when we got back to the hotel, Eric gave me a beautiful ring to wear as a symbol of our love.