Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day


 Yesterday was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had.

Actually, I think it was the only one I spent with someone I love. Oh, I'm not counting family and that, though I've never been one to ignore that it's a day about making sure your family knows you love them too.

I should say it was the only romantic Valentine's Day I've ever had. Or, well, night. Hundr was my Valentine for the day, and he wasn't the most romantic date, thankfully. We played outside a lot, since the weather finally warmed up, and I gave him some puppy treats. He seemed to really enjoy the holiday.

Once the sun went down, Eric told me to get dressed up kind of fancy, so I did, and he took me out to such a romantic dinner. I know going out to dinner can't be so fun for vampires, since they can't eat and all, but he was such a good sport about it. The whole thing was so lovely. Eric can be such a charmer when he wants to be, and he definitely wanted to be. When we got home, he gave me such a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and we curled up in front of his fireplace to watch a movie. Watching a movie in front of the fire led to doing some other stuff in front of the fire... and then in the bathtub, and the bedroom... and well, I didn't get to sleep till well after dawn.

I might not be entirely sure just how married Eric and I are, but I do know that he's so wonderful, and I feel incredibly lucky to have him.