Friday, April 25, 2014

Another Woman



I think most women would hate if their husband slept with someone else.

I tried to hate it a while ago when Eric would still visit Bianca’s bed. I certainly didn’t care much for her for throwing it back in my face. I’m still fairly certain she’ll kill me one day to have him back, but that bitch, excuse my language, is a piece of work.

So when Eric had sex with Pam for the first time since we’ve been married, it took me a bit to decide how I felt about it.

I know. Of course, I know. And he knows I know. He’d admit it if I asked him, but why bother?

I was upset about it at first. At least, in theory. Eric with someone else made my blood boil, honestly. But when I calmed down and really got to think about it, to consider that it was Pam we were talking about here… I couldn’t really be angry.

Pam and Eric’s relationship… it’s beautiful. It’s more complex than a friendship. They’re… like the perfect Maker and Child. I know how proud he is of her; I can feel it. I can feel everything he feels for her, and that’s why I know it wasn’t about the sex. Eric is mine just as much as I’m his, and vampires love that word a whole awful lot.

I guess that’s why I’m not angry. It wasn’t about the sex. It was never about sex. It was about closeness and comfort and reassurance and reenforcing their bond. How could I be mad about that? They’re vampires, and a relationship between a vampire and his child can be incredibly complicated. Eric loves and trusts Pam. Pam loves and trusts Eric. I love and trust both of them, though very, very differently.

So, even though I know I’m supposed to hate Pam now or whatever, all I want, what I desperately want, is for her to heal and get better so I can give her a big hug and go track down that creepy ginger witch for the last time.