Friday, May 20, 2011

The Bar with Less Bite



I never thought I'd say it, but Fangtasia is growing on me.

No, really.

Fangbangers and assorted other slutty girls aside, the place really isn't so bad after a while. I mean, in a lot of ways, it's just like other clubs, isn't it?

I can't really say I approve of the vampires being all on display, but the vampires don't really seem to mind, and the humans sure as heck don't. They flock to it, and the vampires generally bask under the attention, even if they don't always show it. Of course, it's still wrong, but they can do what they want as long as it's not hurting anyone. And I have to give Eric credit; in Fangtasia, no one gets hurt.

Plus, I really am making friends there. I'm close with most of the staff, Pam too, even if it did take a while for her to grow on me. She's great. Such a sense of humor. I got her an Alice in Wonderland DVD last week. You know, the Disney version? She didn't quite get it, but I think she appreciated the thought?

Chow's awesome too, even though he reminds me a little too much of my high school gym coach. Weird. They pick on him a lot. I try not to let it worry me.

Jenny and Brier work the bar, and they're always super sweet to me, and Jenny always makes sure to scare off anyone who doesn't know I'm very much taken. I know they'd both look after me if I'd ever need it.

Bianca comes in every once in a while. I think she enjoys being fawned over more than she actually feels any obligation to work. Plus, she gets to yell at people. I think she likes that.

I think Ginger still works at Fangtasia. I don't know if she actually gets paid. I don't know what she actually does. I don't know if she ever actually leaves the club. The other night, I caught her singing Christmas carols. I can't imagine what's wrong with that girl.

I love seeing Roman there, too. He stresses Eric out sometimes and breaks his desk occasionally, but he's still like family.

Plus, I love spending the extra time with Eric. That makes up for all the fangbangers, all the slutty girls, and all the nasty women thinking all those really awful thoughts. When he takes my hand, even if we're in the middle of Fangtasia, everything else just fades away.

Like I said, the club really is growing on me.