Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eric's Assistant



Layla called today. It wasn't anything urgent or anything, just a reminder to get Hundr vaccinated this weekend. I guess when a seer tells you to do something, you do it. I made him a vet appointment for tomorrow morning.

It got me thinking, though. I've heard so many times from Jason's various girlfriends about their jealousy over his exes. Should I be jealous of Layla?

I don't think I am. I mean, she creeps me out, to be perfectly honest. The idea that she can see into the future and know stuff about what's going to happen… I can't say it makes me comfortable. The other night, Eric got into work, and there was a note for him to instruct the bouncers not to let anyone named Jim into the club. I guess that's why he hired her in the first place, but I thought it was a little creepy.

I feel like I should be jealous or something, but it's hard to be, knowing that things are really over between them. I don't feel anything weird through our bond when he gets a note or a call from her, and even though they share an office and everything, I'm not even sure he thinks about it anymore.

She's a constant presence in our lives still, which is a little weird, but she's more of a behind the scenes presence than one I see every day. Actually, most of the times I've seen her recently has been at Claude's house. She seems to be spending a lot of time there, though I can't quite figure out why. She's not part fae, as far as I know anyway. I'm really thankful for that. It'd be weird as heck to be related to her.

Eric says they broke up because they wanted different things. I'm grateful for that, because even though I'm not a seer like her, I know Eric and I belong together. She doesn't seem bitter about anything either, which is nice. One of Jason's exes tried to set his then-girlfriend on fire once. We seem to be avoiding that.

I'm hoping she ends up happy, because even if she is one of Eric's exes, she's still his bonded, and I want his bonds to all be happy. I know it's important to him, and even if it's not in the same way as it used to be, I know she's still important to him. That sort of thing matters.