Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sleeping with the Fishes



I got home from work today to the strangest sight: there were two dozen fish sitting in my kitchen. Well, Eric's kitchen. And not food-type fish. Aquarium-type fish. I must've stood there for half an hour wondering what the heck was going on. Luckily I always get home close to dark, so it wasn't too long until Eric rose.

And that was where he found me: in the kitchen, staring at these bowls of fish. I mean, it's not exactly a common sight, is it? Eric had an explanation, though, if a strange one.

He said that Angelo was always talking about sleeping with fish, and so he bought some for Clyde's aquarium in Angelo's room. He thought the fish could live with the octopus and sleep with Angelo, and somehow this all made sense to him.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that sleep with the fishes is just mob-talk for dying. I guess it's appropriate, since Angelo already died and everything.

Still, I can't help but wonder what he'll say when he gets back home.

I think it was a pretty thoughtful thing for Eric to do, if really, really strange.